As Women’s Day, March 8th, comes and goes Team Holdette thought we would compile some of our favorite books written by Women.
As spring and summer approaches and we find time to read in the sun (or during spring showers) we hope that those who wish to get their library cards out to reserve a book or two from our list (or more likely Amazon Smile it to their homes). Reading for me (Harper) has always been a way to soak in knowledge and history of people and places that existed outside of the classroom. Many of these books have allowed me to grow, expand, and learn more about what it means to be a woman. Some of these books I have yet to read, but I am quickly trying to get them on my bedside table.
- Belong: Find your people, create community, and live a more connected life by Radha Agrawal
- The Art of Gathering: How We Meet and Why It Matters by Priya Parker
- Post Grad by Caroline Kitchener
- Women Who Run with the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estés
- Too Fat, Too Slutty, Too Loud: The Rise and Reign of the Unruly Woman by Anne Helen Petersen
- You are a Mogul by Tiffany Pham
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
Supporting women’s voices is important to Holdette as we enter into the world soon, so here are some (of the many) voices that have been held between our hands over the years. We hope you enjoy some of them.